Home

It is believed that the bowling green has been in existence since the eighteenth century, with surviving records dated 1898.  The Club has always been run by an elected Committee headed by “The Mayor of the Green”.  The top bowling green stands on the ancient motte and bailey castle site, high above this ancient market town.  It has a full 360 degree view across the beautiful countryside of the Welsh Marches, the Cheshire Plain, North Staffordshire and the local North Shropshire “mini Lake District”.  The club also has a second bowling green which opened in 1989.

The Club currently has two teams in the Oswestry and Whitchurch Leagues, three teams in the Barlow’s over sixties League and one in the Wrexham League.

The greens can be made available for use by visiting bowling clubs or other organisations for a reasonable fee.

New members are always welcome.